Support Information for young people and families
Please see information below of services available to support pupils and their families:
- Chathealth – School Nurse text support service for 11-19 year olds –
Beds – Text 07507 331450 to speak with a school nurse for any emotional support or health advice (Monday – Friday 9am – 4.30pm, except bank holidays).
- Parentline – a secure and confidential text service for parents and carers of those aged 0-19. It offers advice and support on a range of issues such as weaning, sleep and emotional health or how to make an appointment with our team.
Beds – Text 07507 331456 with your question to start the conversation (Monday – Friday 9am – 4.30pm, except bank holidays).
- Bedford Open Door – www.bedfordopendoor.org.uk Call 01234 360 388
- Childline (children’s telephone counselling or online) – Call 0800 1111 or visit their website www.childline.org.uk
- Young Minds – If you are a young person experiencing a mental health crisis, you can text the YoungMinds Crisis Messenger for free, 24/7 support. Text YM to 85258.
- Kooth Online free counselling service for children and young people www.kooth.com
- Sorted www.sortedbedfordshire.org.uk : 01582 891 435
- Samaritans – 24 hour confidential listening and support for anyone who needs it. (Parents/carers included.) Email – email@example.com Call 116 123 (24 hours)
- Relate www.relate.org.uk Call 01234 356 350
- Bedfordshire Domestic Abuse Partnership https://bedsdv.org.uk/
24hour national domestic abuse helpline for women call 0808 2000 247
Men advice line Call 0808 8010 327 or Mankind Initiative Call 01823 334244
LGBT+ domestic abuse helpline Call 0800 9995428
If you are concerned about the immediate health or safety of a child you can contact:
YOUNGMINDS Crisis Messenger
Call 111 Option 2 – 24/7 ALL AGES
Young people can talk to a CAMHS professional
directly who can arrange additional support.
0 – 18 CAMHS SINGLE POINT OF ENTRY
A CAMHS clinician will respond and they can also provide self- help resources and
psychoeducation. For enquiries, please call 01234 893362
Young people aged 11-19 can access support for their mental health and wellbeing from Kooth.
Kooth is free, safe and anonymous and is here to help and support young people with their mental health and is available 365 days a year. Kooth offers more than just counselling, including Kooth magazine, forums, live discussion boards, journal, goals, and a mini activity hub.
How to sign up to Kooth! – Guide for signing up to Kooth
The Paediatric Occupational Therapy team of Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust has launched a new online video presentation to help parents and professionals of children with a sensory challenge. The presentation enables parents and professionals to learn about sensory preferences, help with developing resilience using sensory smart strategies and how to adapt tasks to increase participation.
The video and accompanying material can be found here.
Special Educational Needs and Disability – Local Offer
The Local Offer helps you find information about local services, support and events for children and young people aged 0 to 25 years who have special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).
The aim of the local offer is to provide clear, comprehensive, and accessible information about support and opportunities available for children and young people with special educational needs in your area.
To ensure that the provision of services in education, health and social care are more responsive to local needs and aspirations of children and young people by directly involving them, their parents/ carers and service providers in its development and review.
Find out more about the Local Offer, run by the councils, in your area by clicking on the link below: