Hockliffe Lower School recognises that internet, mobile and digital technologies provide a good opportunity for children and young people to learn, socialise and play, provided they are safe.
The digital world is an amazing place, but with few rules. Children and young people need to be educated about the benefits and risks of using new technology and have safeguards put in place to enable them to control their online experiences.
We are committed to ensuring that all pupils, staff and governors will be able to use internet, mobile and digital technologies safely. We have integrated online safety throughout our cross-curricular approach to teaching and learning and within our computing curriculum.We work with parents to ensure that online safety is a commitment at home; the links on this page provide links to online websites which will develop understanding of how to be safe online.
Useful Websites for Parents
- CEOP News and articles surrounding internet safety.
- Think u know
- Supporting Young people online leaflet- assessed on….
- Keeping under-fives safe online
- An excellent website with practical tips for parents to help keep your child safe online
Websites for Children
- Smartie the Penguin and Digiduck’s big decision
- Hector’s World
- Swiggle – a child friendly search engine which the children can use when using the internet for research homework
- Kiddle – another child friendly search engine